Any time i look into the newspapers or magazines or anywhere else, firstly i look for “beauty tips – how to keep your skin glowing, how to put a perfect mascarra”etc etc and secondly i look for “how to reduce your body flab” – i would like to emphasize I AM NOT FAT and i just would love to keep myself informed. 🙂
So, i found something interesting from the list of things that i usually look for and i thought it would be totally great if i could put it on my blog.
I found this article about “zero calorie” diet in Sunday Times and i found it really amazing and interesting.
Ever heard of a “zero calorie” dieting – i had a total misconception about these words till i read this article.
All the food that we eat, is broken down into small parts and the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from the foods. So, there are a specific groups of food that can be burnt faster but not much hard work is needed and then another set of food items where it needs a lot of extra calories to burn them. The second food group set is called a zero calorie food or negative calorie food.
In The Times, they give a simple example like this –
“You consume a generous wedge of Mocca Gateaux at a five-star buffet, which is around 400 calories. To digest this, your body requires only about 150 calories. So, about 250 calories are added to your body fat! On the other hand, you munch on a stick of celery which is only five calories. Your body may require 150 calories to digest it, resulting in a net loss of 145 calories.”
Does that ring bells? Yes, good…! But it doesnt mean that it should be done in excess.
Zero calorie foods are:
– water – a truly zero calorie food that will definitely help you reduce your weight easier and faster.
– Asparagus, Apple, Beetroot, Cranberries, Broccoli, Grapefruit, Cabbage, Lemon(almost all citrus food items), Carrot, Mango, Cauliflower, Orange, Celery, Pineapple, Cucumber, Strawberries, Dandelion, Tangerine, Garlic, Green beans, Lettuce, Onion, Papaya, Radishes, Spinach, Turnip, figs etc. and if you need more of these food items, you could do a search on interenet.
In the article, they mentioned that meat and egg items do not come under this category but while i was surfing through the net, i cam across a site where they did recommend a few of them.
But make sure you dont add more of sugars, other syrups etc with the above fruits and vegitables, just eat them in it’s natural form..!!
Along with the food that you take if you intereseted in losing weight faster, here are a few tips and please do not think i am preaching here, i do practice some of them. 🙂
1. drink good amount of water
2. eat food at correct timings – that is maintain routine.
3. do breathing exercises such as pranayam and all.
4. eat your food slowly and chew it rather than gulp it down.
So these are the small tips that anybody can watch out for…